When my friend Amanda asked me to help out with her wedding makeup, I was more than happy to help, but also rather terrified. I mean, I think I'm reasonably good at applying makeup on myself; I'm used to the needs of my skin, my own bone structure, and the best way of opening up my eyes. Someone else's face poses much more of a challenge, particularly if it's for arguably the biggest day of their life.
Anyway, we had a bit of a trial and came up with the vintage inspired look above. Amanda herself seems happy, and looks absolutely gorgeous, so I'm feeling confident that we can pull it off on the Big Day. The list of products used is far too long to be listed in its entirety here, but the highlights are:
- Shu Uemura Stage Performer Instant Glow
- Giorgio Armani Face Fabric #2
- ELF HD Powder
- Lancome Hypnose Drama Waterproof
- GOSH Extreme Art Liner in black
- Inglot cream blush and Laura Geller Sugar Free Raspberry powder blush
- Giorgio Armani Lip Wax #4
- MUD eyeshadows with UDPP
- Dr Hauschka bronzer to contour
Would you be comfortable doing your own makeup on your wedding day, or would a professional makeup artist be a must-have? Have you ever done a friend's makeup on their big day? Pass on your opinions, experiences and tips in the comments!